July 3, 2008

Ward Campout




We had so much fun at our ward campout last weekend. It was great to get away and enjoy the outdoors. We had a yummy dinner and enjoyed lots of conversation around the campfire.
The kids had fun swinging into the freezing cold pond, exploring, hiking, burning everything they could find, roasting marshmellows, shooting guns, eating, playing volleyball & horseshoes, running, laughing, looking for animals, and many more fun camping activites. They had a great time.
The only downfall to the trip was the sleeping. It was freezing! At least I was freezing. The kids slept relatively well. I however hardly slept. I got up to go potty and looked at my phone to see the time, 3 a.m. and I hadn't slept a wink. Then M had to go potty, S was cold, and then M was uncomfortable. T woke up at 6, so all in all I think I slept maybe, maybe 2 hours. I was a sleepy girl. That next night at home, I sure slept well. We all slept in until 10:30, that's how tired we were.
But, even with no sleep, the camping trip was a success. The kids had a blast! And we enjoyed spending time with our friends. We are looking forward to our next trip in a few weeks and know to pack a little more blankets for sleeping!

5 comments:

Misty said...

Same thing at our cabin. Once you go up the canyon or up any mountain - - it's like 50 degrees at night. Brrrrrrrr.

Rowberry Family said...

burrrrr!! It looks like they are freezing! Rox

Auger Family said...

Fun! I wish our ward would do a camp out or something fun like that!!! Your girls are cute. And also my favorite picture is with them and all the feet--the one on the side! Love it!

Chellie said...

that picture makes me feel how cold that water is!!! So cute! Looks like fun.

Klin said...

I'm moving and I hope our new ward does a campout. My mom's does and we get invited. We used to live in the ward so they make the exception.

That looks so fun. Sorry you were so cold. Sounds like me. I'd have loved the daytime stuff tho0ugh:)